Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Oops, long gaps!

I apparently just... forgot to post for quite some time.

I'm still working in my ever-going challenge to better myself.


I've noticed that since I've been regularly taking the thyroid medications, my mood swings are much less frequent and severe.

Since I no longer weigh myself, the number really no longer matters. I'm trying very hard to free myself from feeling my value tied to my relationship with gravity.


I'm surrounded by people who tell me I'm beautiful. Why not listen? I'm encouraged to wear cuter clothes, and nice shoes, and just be happy.

I bought myself some Wonder Woman chucks because I am awesome.

I'm still logging food and tracking my stats with Body Media. It helps me keep aware of how much I am eating, and what. I think it will always be a good idea to be mindful of what I put into my body.

Although I don't manage to make it to Crossfit as often as I'd like, I will keep trying.

I signed up to run Tough Mudder in November. Ready or not, I'm doing it, and I will cross the finish line. And because I am insane, I am going to participate in the Great Bull Run.

Then, in yet more possible insanity, I'm shaving my head. I will be cutting off all of my hair and donating to Locks of Love, and then I am raising money for St. Baldrick's, which means shaving the rest of it off. If you're interested, you can donate here: http://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/mypage/643222/2013

I'm only at $555/2000, but anything I raise helps. And who knows - maybe it'll be fun! I've never had short hair.

At any rate, that's what I'm doing at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment