Wednesday, March 20, 2013

An Almost Weekly Report

I'm still plodding along, doing my thing.

Food has been going really well. Yes, I do cheat, I'd go crazy if I didn't.

But for the most part, my calories have been in check and I'm eating very reliably what I'd call a Paleo diet. Best of all, it's getting easier.

My cravings are changing. It's not donuts and candy anymore. I'm getting plenty of sugar from honey and dark chocolate, and I don't feel the need for bread. I craved it like crazy in the beginning, and taking bread out of your life is incredibly difficult in the beginning.

I do still crave three major comfort foods: macaroni and cheese, pizza, and fettuccine Alfredo. I don't know that these will go away, and so these are what I allow myself to eat on cheat day.

Here's the report breakdown:


My calorie burn is going up and up. I find that I don't really care how many calories I eat, because I seem to coming in with a good deficit by sticking to foods that I know are healthy. My exercise is way up - averaging an hour a day.

That's huge. In addition to Crossfit three times a week, and agility with my dog twice a week - there's all the house cleaning, and other fun things I do that are adding up to more and more exercise. I'm finding fun things to do besides TV and video games (although I do still make time for them, as hobbies are good to have!)

I'm about to add even more - I'm adopting a new dog. I'll post more about her later, as she'll be coming home on Sunday. She's a large, athletic breed of dog - and at only a year old, she's going to require a lot of walks and jogging. I'm hoping to get back to jogging in the mornings on days I don't attend Crossfit.

(Remember my year end goal of Tough Mudder? Well, It's in November... so I have to keep up the training if I want to survive it!)

Monday the 25th is also my 7 year anniversary, so the husband and I are going to stay in a Bed and Breakfast and go horseback riding for the weekend.

I also did not purchase my shoes last weekend... because I felt like I cheated more than once on food. However I think I will be allowed to get them this week!

1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    I have a question about your blog, could you please email me? Thanks!!

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete