Monday, February 18, 2013

Paleo Progress

At the end of my first week back into a complete Paleo lifestyle... (including one cheat meal of pizza...), I am VERY excited to report that I lost 3.5 lbs in 7 days.

I ate more calories than I had been previously - from an average of 1300, to an average of 1700. I am eating more often, and feeling less hungry.

I am also on levothyroxine again to help with my thyroid issues, and that started on Saturday morning - as well as amatryptaline for my headaches.

My grocery bill went up, but my eating out bill came down - so in the end, I suppose it is about the same for food costs.

Cooking time and prep has gone up considerably, but as I am entering week two I am finding ways to circumvent that. For example, I know that on Tuesday's I am busy until almost 9:30 PM - so I simply make a crock pot meal that day to eliminate the cooking.

On Sunday's I made Paleo Waffles (the recipe can be found on my craft blog, The Divine Domestics), and made enough to carry me and my husband through the week. This makes breakfast convenient, delicious, and healthy. I also made apple muffins - and with a tiny bit of butter, they are to die for.

I am still experimenting with food but it seems my body is responding very positively to the changes. For the time being, my husband and I will continue to allow on cheat meal per week on Saturdays to help us with our cravings - but I suspect that will soon drop off.

Although I am no longer restricting caloric intake, I am still recording what I eat so I have an idea of how many calories I consume, and where they come from. It is also helpful to see how much protein, carbs, and fat I consume.

Exercises again, has fallen by the wayside - but that is something I hope to remedy soon. I just seem to only be able to focus on one thing at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment