Wednesday, December 5, 2012

What is love?

Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more.
 
 
I went out for a run this morning, C25K week 4 day two. It was dark, quiet. I tried a different path even, learning my neighborhood and surrounding areas by foot. My puppy (who by now is really a young man of a dog, but I'm not sure what that is for dogs, heh) plods along beside me.
 
I stayed out way too late last night, and I drank way too much - and I REALLY wanted nothing more than to go back to sleep. But the pup said no, he wanted to go for his walk. He whined, and pawed, and cuddled, and whined some more, and finally started barking at me to get out of bed.
 
So we went.
 
I went to Crossfit yesterday, and my legs were aching today. Really, really aching. I had trouble in the warm-up walk because I was stumbly.
 
Still, the hardest part is getting out the door.
 
Once I was out there, I remember again thinking, I can't do this. I'm too tired. I think I'm hungover. My legs hurt. My feet hurt. Still, we went.
 
 
In the first 3 minute jog, my thighs were killing me. Just each step hurt. Then the walk, and suddenly  I realized it didn't hurt so bad. Then the 5 minute run came, and the longer I ran the less I hurt.
 
I have no idea what sense that makes, but if I had to guess, maybe it's using my stiff, sore muscles and stretching them out, warming them up - maybe that is what helped to make me feel better.
 
On the way back home, my Pandora station starting playing What is Love?, and of COURSE i would think of nothing other than A Night at the Roxbury. I wanted to bob my head, I wanted to laugh.
 
And than it said, 'Baby don't hurt me, no more', and I felt a weird twinge of guilt and inspiration at the same time.
 
I need to be kinder to my body, take better care of it, and stop hurting it.
 
So we ran, and we'll keep running.

No comments:

Post a Comment