Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Halfway!

This is week 5 of my C25K program. That would be FIVE whole weeks of running three times a week. I have honestly stuck to it. Knowing I have 5 weeks of work put into this is giving me the push to keep going.

I'm not going to lie, it's hard. It's hard to get up at 5 AM and go running. It's hard to go to Crossfit on my off days. It's hard to not overeat when I'm tired and I just want comfort food.

But I'm working too hard to quit or to sabotage myself.

My dog has seen some major improvements in his health too. At his last checkup (this past Saturday) the vet commented on his weight loss. But when we put him on the scale - he had actually GAINED three pounds! He is one lean trotting machine! And an aside, apparently dogs can suffer from delayed onset muscle soreness, too! I ran him into the ground last week and he began limping - after the vet check he was cleared as healthy but sore. After several days of rest his limp is gone and he is ready to go!

I'm pretty sore myself, too, though. Crossfit is really getting me - after a three month break, it is extremely difficult to pick it up again. I can not simply pick up where I left off - it really feels like I'm just getting started again. I'm back to my beginner weights, using extra bands in pull ups, and dying after just a few rounds.

It's hard work, but I'm going to keep at it. My arm band reports are showing the shift in my calorie consumption and exercise habits, too - and while the scale isn't showing it just yet, this has to be doing something, somewhere in my body. Having the added bonus of all the charts and graphs and other data from my arm band just gives me a progress bar I can SEE and continue working at - along side leveling up in Fitocracy!


Here's a screen shot of the past seven days. I have actually adjusted my target burn and target calories to slightly lower goals as I was consistently not reaching them. I'm much closer now, and still getting extremely close tot he 1000 calorie deficit per day that I'm aiming for. You'll note I'm nearly doubling the daily exercise suggestion, and walking a lot more.

I am not sure how to fix the sleeping issue. I go to bed early, I get up at the same time - but I wake up frequently and seem to be unable to get to sleep easily or stay asleep. I have recently replaced my bed - the frame and the mattress which certainly alleviated some back pains and is now extremely comfortable, but it hasn't made me sleep any better.

I've also taken a liking to the Daily Motivation posts over at The Berry. I used to check their brother site, The Chive, regularly - but they have a habit of posting women who are thin and hyping up their beauty while shaming larger women. The Berry does the opposite - they post highly motivational posts every single morning that help to get me out of bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment