Monday, November 5, 2012

Alcohol has a ton of calories.

Alcohol has a ton of calories. I mean, a ton.

I don't drink often. I will maybe have a bottle of wine every other weekend, I'm not much of a social drinker and I don't frequent bars - or even have alchohol with meals in resturants.

This weekend though, I wanted to try this lager I found. A blueberry beer! It sounded like it might be good, and it was! I've always hated beer, I just can't get used to the taste. This blueberry beer had just enough sweet blueberry flavor to mask the beer, and I really found I enjoyed it.

I did not enjoy adding 240 calories for a drink.

Then I had also picked a Pink Moscato by Bella Bolle', which I just adore. a few days ago I wanted to try, so Saturday night I drank that. That bottle ended up being about 620 calories - a meal in a bottle!

I'm still going to maintain that wine every now and then won't hurt you, and a lot of sources agree that red wine is just fine. However, I've never logged my alcohol before. I had no idea it contained THAT many calories in a bottle (and I'm sure some wines are considerably worse).

As a result, I actually went over my calories for the day, which really skewed my overall progress. I put back on .2 lbs (likely salt, among other things, as I had some pizza too!), but I'm not going to stress over that right now.

Instead, I'm back on track, and I'll have to be sure to keep my wine consumption down to just a glass, rather than a bottle.

I've been doing some other things to help me as well. Anything that makes me feel pretty, I'm going to do it. Jewelry, pretty cardigans, nice fitting jeans, shirts with lots of cleavage, straighteing my hair. It's not for anyone else, it's for me. I am making a point of finding clothes that flatter my body, and I'm going to just try to like myself the way I am. I have clothes that I *know* flatter my shape (I'm fortunate that I'm built hourglassy, because I don't always look as heavy as I am) that I will force myself to wear on 'fat' days.

I'm a bit vain about my hair, so I'm taking the time to take better care of it. Wearing it down more often, using better quality products.

I've found skin care products I adore - like sugar scrubs. They just make me feel good about myself. I feel like I'm being pampered.

I still refuse to wear make up. I have good complexion, and medium-dark skin. I don't feel I need make up, I never have - and I maintain that women are more beautiful without it. I admit that I also frequently have acne, and make up makes it worse.

I'll keep on with my armband, because it's helping. It's motivating me to keep going. I've actually logged my food consistently since I've had it, where as previously, I'd fail to do that on the weekends. My armband makes me feel the need to be more honest.

I'm going to be on this journey for a long time, and losing weight won't happen over night. I don't have to be skinny to be pretty, so I'm going to take better care of myself now. If I die today, there's no reason for my last day to have been spent feeling ugly.

In short, today, I feel pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment