Monday, October 8, 2012

Time for a change

Sometimes, what you think is working... isn't really.

I didn't lose any weight at Crossfit. I'm at 206 today, which is 2 pounds heavier than when I began a year.

Maybe some of it's muscle, but honestly, it's mostly fat.

I don't think that Crossfit is wrong - I became stronger and healthier because of it. But my main goal is to lose weight, and paying $150 a month to not lose weight is disheartening.

So I'm trying something else - I temporarily quit Crossfit. Temporarily, because if this change doesn't work, I'll go back to it because I did at least enjoy it.

Here is what I will try:

  • I will continue to count calories, aiming to be under 1500 a day - but most importantly, logging all of my food, snacks, and drinks.
  • I will go back to weighing myself every day. This may or may not cause severe mental breakdowns... but it might also help me learn what foods make me gain, or what I did to drop a little. By careful tracking and paying attention, I may learn what my body needs.
  • I will go to the YMCA. Part of my quitting Crossfit is due to lack of motivation. Since my husband does not want to go with me, it's harder to force myself to go. He will go to the YMCA, so we'll try that. If it doesn't work out, I can always return to Crossfit. The Y is at least a lot cheaper - $60 for both of us, vs $150 for one person. I will weight-lift twice a week, and do cardio 3 times a week. I don't want to lose muscle, but I need some endurance and I need to burn fat.
  • I will let myself buy clothes that fit. It does not matter if they are a size 18 or higher, because if they fit - then they fit. Nothing looks worse than women in clothes that don't fit, no matter what size they are.
  • I will try my damnedest not to rip myself apart... but give me a few weeks and I'm sure I'll be singing a different tune.
  • My goal isn't to drop to 135 lbs right away, because that is so huge... so far away that I can't comprehend it. When you're staring a 71 weight-loss goal in the face, it seems unattainable. Rather, my first goal will be to lose 6 lbs. Just 6. This will put me at 200 again, and I can make a new goal of 190 after that, until I get to where I want. So for now... just six pounds.
Will any of this work? I don't have a clue. Nothing else has. I've done nothing but gain over the past two months, so rather than be insane and repeating the same thing and expecting different results; I'm going to at least TRY to change up my life again.

Also, the Savage Race is coming up again soon, and I'm gearing up for it. I recently made a shirt bearing what I've come to adopt as my own logo...

Want to make one like it? Check out my tutorial, at The Divine Domestics!

No comments:

Post a Comment