Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Calorie counting continues!

I have just passed 15 days of continuously watching my calories and clocking in under 1500. I also have not gotten on the scale since I started - I was at 203.4 last I checked.

I have noticed a few things -

  • In just about two weeks, I find I need less food. Yes, I still crave and I still want to eat everything once I see it - but it's easier to turn it down. It's easier to eat less. Note I said 'easier', not easy. If I'm not conscious of it, I'm sure I could still devour an entire day's worth of calories in one sitting, so again, I try to pace myself. Once I eat enough food that I 'should' be hungry, I force myself to stop - even if I don't feel full. I have a glass of water, and wait about 20 minutes, and usually, the hungry feeling goes away. It's a fight with myself - my eyes are always bigger than my stomach, but I feel like it's working.
  • I'm craving sugary things more than ever. I try to combat this by allowing sugar or honey in my tea, sweet fruits and raisins, and yogurt. I don't think cold turkey would work. Sometimes a chocolate covered almond, a spoonful of peanut butter or even a 'fun-size' candy bar can help - but the trick is that it can only be a bite.
  • I feel ... tired, and kind of run down, and unmotivated. I have had a series of mood swings lately and I do not know if they are related. Correlation doesn't always equal causation, but it's very hard not to connect the two at times.

Additionally, MyFitnessPal has some interesting options for viewing what you at. I can now, for example, figure out that I'm eating 58% carbs, 21% protein, and 21% fat. Based on an article I found at Livestrong.com, I can tell that I'm not too far off. This article suggests 10-35% protein, 20-35% fats, and 45-65% carbs.

Crossfit continues, when I can, although I should have regular use of my car again next week to fit a normal schedule in. Oh, and the Savage Race coming up on October 20th.... and Wonder Woman is gearing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment