Friday, August 24, 2012

Need a boost? Look at what you've done.

I have had a bad few weeks. My eating hasn't been the greatest, and I've been gaining weight.

Due to scheduling conflicts, and a little bit of being lazy - I also haven't made it to Crossfit nearly as often. I've dropped down to maybe 3 times a week max, and sometimes only two.

As a result, my mood has been swinging badly and I've been overly hard on myself again.

Yesterday, for some reason, I was digging through my Fitocracy stats .. and I received a major boost to my self-esteem.

Because I need to stop looking at how far I have to go - and look at how far I've come. This is a never-ending journey. Fitness won't stop just because I lose weight. I won't get that body I want, and then stop working out... because then I'll be in this same boat again.

So instead of worrying about how I'm still more than 75 lbs overweight, why not look at what I've done this year and celebrate that?

According to my stats on Fitocracy, I'm now level 21. I started playing on January 2, 2012 - so when I ran my stats yesterday, we were looking at 234 days of workouts. In those 234 days, I worked out 113 times - meaning I averaged about every two days regularly.

Every two days is pretty good! And it gets better.

I have run 118003 Meters, or about 73.75 miles. I have rowed 16,800 meters, or about 10.5 miles

I have performed 4,436 Body Weight Squats. 2803 Kneeling Push Ups. 2737 Sit Ups.

893 Burpees.

I have completed 654 Deadlifts moving 10,660 lbs. 459 Push Presses moving 4,320 lbs.  278 Power Cleans moving 4,504 Lbs. 868 Kettlebell Swings swinging 1,486 lbs. 318 Thrusters moving 3,009 lbs. 265 Front Squats moving 2,840 lbs 109 Snatches moving 1,210 lbs.

 I have lifted 28,029 lbs. Do you know how much weight that is?

A male orca can weigh up to 8,000 lbs. I lifted 3.5 orcas.
The largest African Elephant weighed 27,000 lbs. I lifted him.
A T-Rex weighs about 4.5 tons  - or about 9,000 lbs. I lifted three of them.

Okay, I didn't lift any of those things all at once. But I moved the equivalent of them... in pieces.

When I think about those things, it made me smile. So I'm a little chubby - I'm still pretty awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment