Friday, April 13, 2012

Afternoon Inspiration

Yesterday, I took an off day as my arm was telling me it needed rest. I fell off a box during a box jump a few months ago, landing my full weight on my fully extended left arm. I was fortunate not to break it, but it caused a bone contusion and tendinitis that took some time to heal.

While it is usable and no longer painful, it is now substantially weaker than my right, and more subject to overuse injury. Yesterday, I felt my arm muscles tighten and become sore just from rotating my wrist, so I took the day off.

This morning however, I meant to go... but I struggled with a headache that is still on going. I had a headache when I went to bed, and usually when I go to sleep it alleviates them - but not today. I woke up with the same awful headache that was causing sensitivity to light and sound, as well as making me feel very ill. I let myself sleep another hour, and am trying to get through the day of work. The show must go on.

Tonight my husband will be home, and will be here through the weekend - meaning I won't go tomorrow, either. By Monday, I will have missed 4 days total.

But I shall remain vigilant, and stick to healthy eating and be sure not to indulge. A little break now and then is okay, as long as you get back on the horse after.







No comments:

Post a Comment