Thursday, March 29, 2012

The fitter I get, the more fun I can have!

I am determined to reach my fitness goals, and to stay fit and healthy for the rest of my life. I am always looking for ways to be active and have fun - in other words, playing.

I am determined to become a Runner. My current goal is to complete a 5K without stopping, but then I'm moving on to the 13.1 half-marathon, and then finally the 26.2 mile marathon. Will I ever go for an Ultra-Marathon? I don't know as of today - it seems impossible to think that someone like me could ever do that. But a marathon? You got it.

I am determined to enjoy being fit. As I become more comfortable in my body, I'm going to let more of it show. I will buy myself new clothes instead of food as rewards and I will learn to be happy with the way I am - I may have big, thick legs but have you seen my dead lifts?

I am going to do more physical events, because I enjoy playing. I am going to run another mud race in April - the Mud Crusade. In May, there is a Nude 5K, then in November - there is this amazing Run for Your Lives event, involving zombies. And if that isn't enough - Tough Mudder is in December, and the day after, is The Color Run.

I will be training hard all year to prepare for Tough Mudder, as it will the most difficult event by far. I will keep attending CrossFit as often as possible - sometimes 5 times a week. I will begin trail running, and I will work on my upper body strength on monkey bars and learning to climb a rope.

I am trying to shift my goals from the way I look to what I can do. Increasing my performance is of the highest priority, and everything else will fall into place from there.

I have the support of my friends, my family, my co-workers and my husband behind me. I can do this.

Because this girl, is a total BAMF.

No comments:

Post a Comment