Friday, February 24, 2012

When being tired is more than just a lack of sleep...

Most of my adult life I have skipped out on health insurance. I rarely get ill - occasionally a cold, but nothing I can't handle with over the counter medications.

With my husband now in the military though, I'm able to use TriCare - and since I have it, I'm going to use it.

I went to the doctor for the first time in... years. I mentioned things that have been plaguing me for years - my low iron, frequent headaches, constant fatigue (oh, and apparently my brittle hair and nails are symptoms too), and she ordered up blood work.

I don't know the results of that yet, other than I have 'abnormal' results and will discuss them on Tuesday.

I wonder if those results hold the answer to why I have a severe lack of energy, why I can fall asleep in the middle of a workout if I were to lie down, or why I can sleep for 12 hours and still wake up feeling worn out.

I'm not sure if diet and exercise are enough to get me into shape if I have underlying health issues - but they certainly can't hurt those issues.

The past two days I have been simply so exhausted that I could not find the energy to even get out of bed, let alone survive a workout involving burpees.

I am not sure what's going on, but hopefully I can get answers that may help me on my path to fitness.

No comments:

Post a Comment