Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Harder, better, stronger, faster...

I'd like to adopt that as my mantra. Everytime I work out, workout harder, better, stronger, faster.

One more time...


I find music helps me stay motivated. Many times, I find inspiration in songs that probably make no sense to any other human being alive.

Today, I need extra motivation.

I woke up, and feeling quite good about the day - I stepped onto my Scale.

Unfortunately, I have actually gained 1.5 lbs pushing me up to 197.5. Trying not to be discouraged, I also grabbed a tape measure and took measurements for my stomach, wasit, hips, thighs, calves, and biceps - and sadly, the measurement for my stomach went up an inch.

I'd like to say I held it together well, and went on with my day but that isn't the case. This small change actually changed my entire outlook on the day.

I had opted to sleep in an extra hour today because I had gotten home quite late last night rather than going to Crossfit. After checking the Scale this morning, I now regret this choice terribly and I will make up for it by attending the 6 PM class tonight.

The Scale affected my mood this morning. It made me short with the dogs. It made me drive a little more aggressively. It made me short with co-workers and annoyed with things that normally wouldn't bother me in the least.

I feel like it's important to note this, because I'm not perfect. I fail sometimes too, even when I think I'm doing everything right. I don't know if I am, and I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

It's too hard to ask for help at times. I don't mean the actual asking - that's no problem! I mean that everyone gives you a different answer.

My doctor tells me I need to eat 1200 calories a day to lose weight. My calorie counter tells me that it's too few, yet at the same time tells me I will gain weight if I eat more than that. Friends in various places are all trying to tell me to do something different. Snack more! Drink more water! Eat less! Don't eat this, eat that!

I really don't know what to do. It's easy to quit. I really want to today, but where will that get me?

For a frame of reference, my current meal plan is as follows:

5 AM Wake up.
6 AM Crossfit. Do not tell me to eat after I wake up. I can not go to Crossfit with food in my belly, or I will have to make use of the puke bucket.
8 AM Get to work, have my first Vi Shape shake with almond milk, as I try to avoid dairy products as much as possible.
10 AM Have a snack. It is usually about 10 almonds, or some greek yogurt, possibly cottage cheese. (I realize this is dairy, but I said try...)
12 PM Lunch. Second Vi shape shake with almond milk.
3 PM Snack. Same options as before, but I try not to eat the same thing twice.
5 PM I go home. I try to make dinner right away and eat as early as possible. I try to keep them small - some protein and veggies when possible. I don't always succeed, but lately it's just chicken breasts and veggies.

I try not to eat after 7 PM. If it's after 7 and I still haven't had dinner - too bad. I'll have to wait until tomorrow. I try to be in bed by 8:30 PM and I don't want to have food in me when I go to sleep.

I've been on this plan for 13 days, as I started the Body by Vi challenge - and in the past 13 days I have gained 4 pounds, and added 1.5 inches. I don't know why.

I can say, however, that I may not continue the challenge. I have already paid for this month - and at $250 a month, it's not worth continuing if it is not working. I feel I had much better, faster results following the Paleo diet, and I may return to that.

There is also the possibility of paying extra to my trainer at Crossfit to help with nutrition, which would still be cheaper than the Body by Vi products.


One last thing - some motivation.

No comments:

Post a Comment